31st of December 2015
The 23 that made 2015 one of the best years so far:
- I started my Master in Engineering Management at the Technical University of Denmark. One of the biggest accomplishments and the best choice of career path, provided my background.
- I found a part-time job and for the first time in my life I fully supported myself financially.
- I was lucky enough to get out of a relationship I wasn’t happy with.
- I had interviews with large international companies and I am grateful for finally getting my dream job.
- I met wonderful people at DTU who became my friends.
- I talked more Greek that I could ever imagine to do in Copenhagen. I will finish DTU being fluent not in Danish, but Italian and Greek.
- I lost 8 kg.
- I started this blog.
- I bought a double bed and rearranged my room to make it cozy. And red.
- I went to Greece with my best friend. I swam in the Mediterranean and felt free. By the way, how deep is your love?
- I was a straight 12 student in the first semester.
- I became a Teacher Assistant at DTU. TEMO is and will probably be the best course I have ever taken and the one which convinced me that management was the best choice.
- I took a summer course at the Copenhagen Business School.
- I discovered Copenhagen and realised that this city is also my home.
- I worked hard. Hard as hell. There were many weeks in which I would leave home at 7 in the morning and come back after 12 at night. School, work, sleep, repeat. I was stressed, I occasionally broke down and cried. But I am so, so proud for having gone through that successfully.
- I said goodbye to my phone. Kay. It was not just a phone. It was my first real smartphone and the only one I struggled to buy. We had no money to buy this one. And I cherished it. I bought the new Nexus. But you know what they say about first loves.
- I discovered my personality type. INFJ. Less than one percent of the world population has it. That’s how special I am, haha. I understood who I am and what I need to do to be happy.
- I helped people in Africa get clean water as a birthday gift to myself.
- I drove. Although I still don’t own a car, I drove a lot this year.
- Had wonderful breakfasts and dinners on the terrace with my room mate and realised that home is where you’re happy. It’s not a place.
- I still have superhuman powers. I still have a powerful connection with the people that are important to me. No matter how many years pass or how long the distance.
- I was lucky enough to work with wonderful people. We worked hard, but had fun in the process. I am honoured to have had inspiring people around me, that are able to smile and keep a positive attitude even when their houses were destroyed by earthquakes. Now that’s a powerful lesson I have learned.
- I fell in love. I felt. After a long time I felt again the type of love I was longing for.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then, when you know better, do better.” Maya Angelou